Apple Bagelwiches: The Perfect Fall Snack
Posted In: Food | Posted By: Brit
If you know me, you know that I absolutely ADORE apples…Fuji apples, to be specific. I literally eat one almost every day. (I’m the weirdo at the grocery store who buys about 15 at once. But, have I had to go to the doctor lately? Nope. The adage must be true.) Most often, I add a spoonful of peanut butter on the side for some added protein. This is a very common snack, right? Right.
But today, I decided to add a little twist to my everyday delight by transforming my boring apple slices into something more interesting: apple bagelwiches. I even used aspic cutters to make them more beautiful. The end result was delicious (and fun!).
- Apples (whatever kind you like)
- Aspic cutters (optional)
- Peanut butter
Here’s the how-to:
- Use an apple corer to remove the core from your apple.
- Slice the apple into thin pieces.
- Optional: Use your preference of aspic cutter to cut out fun shapes from the center. I used a flower shape and a star. (Note: You could stop at this point and still have a creative snack!)
- Spread peanut butter around the edge of one side of an apple slice. I used creamy but I think crunchy would work. Creamy vs. Crunchy is like Pepsi vs. Coke, so I’m not even going to try and tell you what to do here.
- Add granola (or any yummy topping) on top of the peanut butter. I used a nutty granola - make sure your granola isn’t the clumpy kind or else it may not work out too well.
- Cover with another apple slice, and enjoy!
I could easily bite all the way through to enjoy both slices of apple as well as the peanut butter. It made my snack time today much more enjoyable.
I hope you try this out as well. Let me know if you use any different ingredients — the possibilities are endless!
You might also like
I help people discover innovative products and ideas to live more simply, beautifully, and creatively. Read more.